Aug 22, 2011

Ava's first day of School

The night before Ava put her clothes out and laid beside them for her picture. Just like daddy did every year.

 Ava started kindergarten. It was a big day for us all. I was fortunate to have Andrea spend the night with us the night before. She stayed home with Lola and Otto that morning so I can take Ava to her class. Ava surprised me and was such a big girl.
 
 When you enter Wallace there is this bulletin board. It changes monthly but this month it was composed of pictures of Wallace students. You just had to submit your child's picture. Ava got two pictures of her on the board. Take a look.





 Here is the hospitality group of the PTA. Serving water, coffee and muffins on the first day of school. Such troopers to start this at 7 am! It's already hot and it's not even 8am yet!
 She found her seat and took a look at what she was to start doing. Color!



 She didn't cry, she didn't even hold on to me asking me not to leave. She said bye and slowly looked around her classroom, taking it all in. I took one last look back and so did she, but not to look for me. I was a little sad but so proud of her. I surprised myself by getting a little emotional on the way to school. Glad I pulled it together and didn't cry in front of the other moms. Everyone else seemed fine!